Monday 28 February 2011

Clare's 40th birthday run

As some of you know, it’s been my goal for a long time to run a marathon before I’m 40 … being only a month late is quite good for me. I will need all the help I can get and this is where you, my lovely friends and family, come in. For those of you getting slightly wobbly at the thought of running 26 miles, don’t worry! The plan is that together, you will cover the 26 miles with me, whether you each cover 1 mile or 26 miles, either running or on a bike. If that doesn’t appeal, there are support roles available too. And kids will have a safe stretch on the greenway where they can play on bikes and laugh at us as we wobble and wheeze our way past. The route will include wide pavements, leafy lanes and a greenway, and will take in the sights of Warwick and Kenilworth Castles. Mark (Event Logistics Manager / Sherpa) will be co-ordinating routes to suit your choice of terrain and distance via this blog.

If you do wish to get involved please place a comment below to indicate (1) your preferred distance (2) whether you wish to cycle or run and (3) your preferred terrain (pavement, leafy lane, greenway). Blogging virgins email me instead! We'll confirm the master plan and schedules when we have received all replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment